Have a broken item at home you want to fix but can’t do it yourself? Save it from landfill and bring it to the Canning Repair Lab.
The Repair Lab is a free community event where people can drop in with their broken items to get them fixed by skilled volunteers. It’s a great way to connect with the community, learn from our handy repairers and reduce waste by avoiding throwing away fixable things.
The Repair Lab takes place on the third Sunday of every second month at Canning River Eco Education Centre (CREEC):
- Sunday, 15 October 2023 from 9.30am to midday
- Sunday, 17 December 2023 from 9.30am to midday
- Sunday, 18 February 2024 from 9.30am to midday
The labs are at CREEC on the corner of Kent Street and Queens Park Road, Wilson.
Parking can be found in the main carpark or in the overflow carpark along Kent Street.
What can you bring to the Repair Lab?
Skilled volunteers will help with repairs of:
- general household items.
If you have something you’re unsure about, bring it to the next Lab and our handy repairers will have a look.
For safety reasons no high voltage electrical items will be repaired. Only extra low voltage battery-powered items will be repaired if they are deemed safe to fix by staff on site.
- Please show your appreciation and respect for our Repair Volunteer by staying with them for the duration of your repair. Have a chat and learn a thing or two.
- Successful repairs are not guaranteed. Our Repair Volunteers will do their best to help you with their skills, time, and tools for free.
- Repair Volunteers are entitled to refuse to repair items which they deem unrepairable.
- Only one item is repaired at a time, so if you have multiple items, you'll need to join the queue again. This ensures everyone gets to be seen at least once by a Repair Volunteer.
- We are unable to accommodate dogs at this event, please leave them at home.