The yellow lid recycling bin is for your recyclable items which will be sorted and reprocessed into recycled products. These items must be loose (not bagged) clean and empty. The bins are collected every two weeks, on the same day as your green lid rubbish bin. To find out which day and week your yellow lid recycling bin is collected, please click here.
Using your yellow lid recycling bin
Keep all items in your recycling bin loose and separate. Please ensure all items are rinsed and clean, with no food residue remaining on the items.
What can I put in?
All aluminium cans including:
- Beer cans
- Soft drink cans
- Coffee / milo tins
- Beer cartons (flattened)
- Cardboard boxes (flattened)
- Cereal boxes (remove bag)
- Egg cartons
- Greeting cards
- Paper towel rolls (roll only)
- Toilet paper rolls (roll only)
- Washing power boxes (empty)
All glass bottles and jars including:
- Beer bottles
- Coffee jars
- Sauce bottles (rinsed)
- Spirit bottles
- Wine bottles
- Computer paper (not shredded)
- Fruit juice cartons (not silver lined)
- Glossy magazines / brochures
- Junk mail
- Milk cartons (not silver lined)
- Paper (not shredded)
- Paper bags
- Wrapping paper
All steel cans / tins including:
- Food tins (rinsed)
- Pet food tins (rinsed)
- Beer bottle tops
- Jar lids
- Ice cream containers
- Margarine tubs
- Milk bottles
- Plastic containers from kitchen (rinsed and empty) i.e. sauce bottles
- Plastic containers from laundry (rinsed and empty) i.e. detergent bottles
- Plastic containers from bathroom (rinsed and empty) i.e. shampoo bottles
- Soft drink bottles
- Water bottles
- Yoghurt containers
- Take-away food containers (rinsed, not polystyrene)
What can't I put in?
- No material in bags (all recyclable material must be placed loose in the bin)
- No plastic bags, light plastic film or soft plastics
- No polystyrene
- No shredded paper
- No bottle lids
- No dirty cardboard
- No meat trays
- No nappies
- No clothes or other textiles
- No garden waste and food waste
- No gas bottles and aerosol cans
- No electronic waste or batteries
- No ropes, cables and garden hose pipe
- No green waste
- No container lids
- No food waste
- Please place your bins out on the verge by 6am on the day of your collection.
- The bin should be one metre from the kerb with the wheels nearest your house and if is also your recycling day please make sure they are at least half a metre apart so the collection trucks can lift and empty them easily.
- Please keep footpaths clear and ensre bins are clear of obstructions. For example bins should not be under tree canopy and need to be away from parked vehicles, walls or lamp posts.
- Once your bin is emptied please return bins to your property as soon as possible.
Your green lid general rubbish bin is collected weekly. Click here for information about your green lid rubbish bin.
For more information about recycling, check out our fun educational video/s below:
If you would like to confirm your collection week or have any other enquiries on domestic waste and recycling collections, please dial 1300 422 664 during the business hours of 8.15am and 4.30pm.