Whether you’re a resident, ratepayer or business, your feedback helps inform our decision making when delivering projects and services.
Living in Canning
What's it like living in Canning? Complete our short survey for your chance to WIN 1 of 5 $100 Westfield Carousel vouchers!
In this quick survey, you’ll be asked what makes somewhere a good place to live, how you experience your local area, and what needs to happen to improve quality of life.
Your valuable feedback will shape our future planning. Rest assured, your responses will be kept anonymous.
What is community engagement?
It's providing opportunities for you to give feedback and have your views heard. Listening to and welcoming the voices of our diverse community ensures that we understand your needs and what’s important to you. Your feedback will help inform City decisions so that when we make changes to a service, launch a new project or initiative – the views of our community have been considered.
When do we engage?
There are many times when we’ll ask for your opinions and comments on projects and initiatives the City is planning or implementing. These include, but aren’t limited to:
- where community views may inform the development or improvements to a project, plan, strategy, service or initiative
- when we need to identify community needs and perceptions
- when the City would like community members to assist in decision making
- when developing or reviewing policies that require input or directly impact the community
- introducing or making changes to services or programs
- making changes to the way areas/places/spaces in neighbourhoods are used or accessed
- when the City is required to consult with community members through legislation or policy.
How you can get involved
There are several ways that you can get involved and have your say. We have in-person sessions, focus groups and workshops and we have an online platform – Your Say Canning. This platform contains current engagement projects where you can share your thoughts via surveys, forums and voting polls.
Registering on the Your Say website makes it easier for you to take part in projects that interest you. We ask for your name and email address, so we know who we are hearing from in our community.
Your Say Canning has language translation options. You can view these options via the ‘Select Language’ button located in the top right corner of the page.
If you don’t have access to your own computer or internet access, you can visit any of our four libraries to jump online.
We look forward to hearing from you!