The upgraded Cecil Avenue West reopened on 20 December 2019.
Cecil Avenue West is the first stage of the City Centre Regeneration Program. The road features:
- wider footpaths and improved pedestrian access
- a dedicated bus lane
- new traffic lights to reduce congestion during the busy shopping periods, making it easier for shoppers around Westfield Carousel and the Cecil Avenue retail strip
- more trees for shade
- will be one of the first smart streets in Perth when fully complete.
It is now equipped with smart poles to accommodate smart features that can be added over time, including technology to support:
- traffic monitoring systems
- environmental monitoring
- free high speed Wi-Fi
- energy-saving lighting
- the provision for electric vehicle charging in the future.
For more information, please contact us.