The City of Canning is supporting the development of an Age Friendly Canning.

Aged friendly communities are those that are inclusive and accessible for people of all ages. They encompass spaces and places, programs and initiatives that make the community better for all residents, including children, young people, parents, and older people.

Canning is home to many seniors clubs and groups who provide fun activities to keep you healthy and active.

Aged Care


  • Carers WA
  • Carer Gateway
  • Grandcarers Raising Grandchildren
  • iDareDream
  • Wanslea's Grandcare program – provides confidential support and advice to Grandparent carers. When registered with Wanslea Grandcare, they can help Grandparent carers access any financial support they’re eligible for, provide parenting information and support, and help Grandparent carers access helpful services, support groups and resources. To find out more, call Wanslea’s Grandcare team on 1800 794 909.


Dementia Friendly Community

EveryAge Counts Australia – Let's End Ageism

  • Lifeline – 13 11 14 – 24/7 crisis support and suicide prevention phone counselling and online chat.
  • Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467 – 24/7 phone, online and video counselling to people who are affected by suicide.
  • Beyond Blue Support Service – 1300 22 4636 – Brief counselling, advice and referral from Beyond Blue’s trained mental health professionals. 24/7 phone support or online chat; email response within 24 hours.
  • SANE helpline – 1800 187 263 – Talk to a mental health professional on the phone or online chat, weekdays 10am–10pm (AEST).
  • Head to Health – Head to Health can help you find free and low-cost, trusted online and phone mental health resources. 

National Relay Service

If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can use the National Relay Service to access any of the department’s listed phone numbers. Visit the National Relay Service website or call 1300 555 727.

Translating and Interpreting Service

If you are a non-English speaker, you can use the Translating and Interpreting Service if you need to talk to someone in the department. To find out more, visit their website or call 131 450.

extraMile by Integranet