The Community and Cultural Events grants are currently closed. The next round will open in early 2024.
The Community and Cultural Events grant supports not-for-profit incorporated community organisations to host events within the City of Canning. All applicants are encouraged to contact the Grants Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting an application for this category.
Information for applicants
- The maximum grant available is $10,000.
- The grant has two funding rounds:
- Round One – closes 14 August 2023
- Round Two – closes 5 March 2024
- Open to incorporated community organisations, sporting clubs, and schools*. (*see eligibility of schools within the Community Grant Program guidelines, page 4).
- Activities open to the broader community will be assessed as a higher priority in comparison to activities for a select exclusive group.
- Any equipment purchased must form part of the event outlined in the application and be used frequently in future events in Canning.
- 50% in-kind or cash contribution required (i.e. to receive a grant of $10,000, the applicant must demonstrate a contribution of $5,000 or more towards the activity).
- Applicants will be notified approximately 6 weeks after the closing date. Please ensure your activity timeline takes this into account.
- Applicants are eligible to apply once to this grant in 2023/2024.
Community events over 200 people must liaise with the City of Canning Events team at email@example.com or 1300 422 664.
Applicants seeking grants close to the maximum amount available of $10,000:
- Must be able to demonstrate that this event is a large community event (more than 300 people).
- Should engage a Traditional Custodian to provide a Welcome to Country – budget $500 (City’s Grants Officer and/or Aboriginal Engagement Officer can assist with identifying a suitable Traditional Custodian if required).
- Must outline the additional steps taken to ensure people with disabilities are included (i.e. Auslan interpreter, wheelchair access, a sensory or quite tent/zone).
Please read the Community Grant Program Guidelines for full details. If you are planning to run an event with grant funding, please also review the City's Event Guide.