How can we help?
What we are responsible for
Download the Ranger and Community Safety Services brochure (PDF 800KB) to learn about what our teams do for the community.
Our Rangers are on duty seven days a week and can assist with:
- Animal control – ensure pet registration and control, assistance with dog attacks or barking issues, and the control of stray livestock.
- Parking – enforcing parking local laws.
- Fire hazards – ensuring compliance with the City's Annual Fire Hazard Reduction Notice.
- Litter and illegal dumping – ensuring a clean and safe community through education and enforcement.
- Off-road vehicles – protecting sensitive areas from unauthorised off-road vehicle use.
Community Safety Officers
Our Community Safety Officers are on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week to:
- conduct community patrols in clearly marked vehicles
- observe, monitor, and report suspicious behaviours to Police
- patrol 'hot-spot' areas to deter anti-social or criminal behaviour
- provide a holiday watch patrol service for resident's properties
- provide advice and information on community safety and security
- detect and report graffiti and vandalism
- enforce legislation and local laws applicable to the control of animals, parking, litter, abandoned vehicles and off-road vehicles.
Ranger and Community Safety Services Officers work closely with police but do not act as a replacement. In an emergency or to report a crime or suspicious activity, always contact the police.
Police Assistance Centre – 131 444
Report all suspicious behaviour and incidents to the Police as and when it occurs.
Emergencies – 000
Only call 000 in an emergency or life-threatening situation.
Crime Stoppers – 1800 333 000
Report criminal activity to Crime Stoppers or visit the website to report online. You can remain anonymous if you wish.