The City of Canning Ranger and Community Safety Service aims to provide peace of mind to residents. Officers are on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week to discourage anti-social behaviour in our communities and provide assistance with relevant legislation and local law matters.
For more information please download the Ranger and Community Safety Services brochure.
What do Rangers do?
Our Rangers are on duty seven days a week and can assist with:
- Animal Control - Ensuring the registration and control of dogs and cats, including assistance with dog attacks, nuisance barking issues and the control of straying livestock
- Parking - Enforcing parking local laws to ensure the safety and convenience for all members of the public, particularly around schools.
- Fire Hazards - Ensuring compliance with the provisions of the City's Annual Fire Hazard Reduction Notice
- Litter and Illegal Dumping - Ensuring a clean and safe community through education and enforcement
- Off Road Vehicles - Protecting sensitive areas from unauthorised off-road vehicle use
What do Community Safety Officers do?
In an effort to provide peace of mind to residents, our Community Safety Officers are on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week to:
- Conduct community patrols in clearly marked vehicles
- Observe, monitor and report suspicious behaviours to Police
- Patrol 'hot-spot' areas to deter anti-social or criminal behaviour
- Provide a holiday watch patrol service for resident's properties while they are away, at no extra cost
- Provide advice and information on community safety and security
- Detect and report graffiti and vandalism
- Enforce relevant legislation and local laws applicable to the control of animals, parking, litter, abandoned vehicles and off road vehicles
Emergency and Community Contacts
Ranger and Community Safety Services: 1300 422 664 (all hours)
Ranger and Community Safety Services offers a 24 hour service for residents that provides community patrols and assistance with local law matters (including parking, off-road vehicles, dogs, fire control and litter).
Ranger and Community Safety Services Officers work closely with police but do not act as a replacement. In any emergency situation or to report a crime or suspicious activity, always contact the police first.
Police Assistance Centre: 131 444
Report all suspicious behaviour and incidents to the police as and when it occurs.
Only call 000 in an emergency or life-threatening situation where police, fire or ambulance assistance is required.
Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000
Report information about criminal activity to Crime Stoppers or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au to report online. You can remain anonymous if you wish.
Goodbye Graffiti: 1800 442 255
Anyone can report acts of graffiti or vandalism against public assets, community facilities or private property. Report incidents as soon as possible.
Safe Canning resources and publications
Click on the links below for more information relating to community safety and City services.