It can take less than 60 seconds for a person to steal from a vehicle.
Residents are encouraged to help make it hard for thieves by always removing their valuables from motor vehicles.
Think of your car like a shop window. If you can see valuables left inside your car, so can a thief.
Make sure you:
- take your valuables with you or keep them out of sight
- lock your car before you go
- never leave keys in door locks or the ignition
- never hide keys anywhere on your car
- park in a secure and well-lit area – off the street, behind lockable gates or in a locked garage if possible
Gone in Less Than 60 Seconds
The City’s Gone in Less than 60 Seconds campaign highlights how quickly theft from motor vehicles can happen. Check out this video:
The campaign is supported by WA Police.
For further information about the campaign, please contact the Safe Communities team on 1300 422 664.