Borrowing from Canning Libraries
Borrow 20 items for a loan period of three weeks from a wide selection of items. Loans can be renewed online via our library catalogue or by visiting the library. You can view your library account online, 24/7, all you need is your library card and password. Items can be returned to any of our four libraries.
Need to return a library item you’ve borrowed? Our Returns Chutes are open 24/7.
Located opposite the staff carpark at both Riverton and Willetton Libraries for your convenience.
For more information about our Library opening hours please click here.
Library account re-registration
Canning Libraries aims to regularly ensure that our customers contact information is kept up to date through a re-registration process. If your membership has expired, please login online to update your details, speak with a library staff member on your next visit or phone 9231 0944.
Sign in to keep WA safe
Don’t forget to sign in via the SafeWA app or on our hardcopy contact register each time you enter one of our libraries. For more information on contact registers visit www.wa.gov.au.
While you quench your thirst for knowledge, why not also grab a coffee or hot drink at any Canning Library branch for only $2!
Visit our pop-up coffee lounge at Canning Libraries and grab a loyalty card - the 5th drink is on us!
Terms and conditions apply:
- Cards are subject to availability and will not be launched until 14th December 2020.
- You must have your card stamped 4 times by a library staff member.
- Once you have bought 4 hot drinks, claim your 5th free with a token provided by a library staff member.
- Each loyalty card has only 10 spaces to stamp and entitles you to 2 free drinks.
- Espresso yourself! free coffee promotion is subject to availability.
Stress less with auto-renewals!
We'll automatically renew most unreturned items on your library account for another three weeks.
- Your first and second renewal will happen automatically.
- Auto-renewals will occur the day before items are due.
Some things can’t be automatically renewed:
- Items requested by another customer.
- Items that have already been renewed twice.
- Books from our Most Wanted collection.
- eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines.
- Items with overdue notices.
- Auto-renewals will not be available if any overdue items or charges are owing on your library account.