The Leisureplexes have accessibility features and activities for individuals of all abilities.
Our centres are wheelchair accessible. The sports courts are accessible via a ramp. There are also lifts available for upstairs function rooms at Cannington Leisureplex.
- accessible car parking bays including seniors' bays
- level access from car parks to main entrance
- unisex toilets and accessible change rooms
- height adjustable change table
- access to pools via stairs with handrails, beach entry or ramp
- pool chair available for use
- portable hoists for entry to program pool and spa
- portable hoists for entry to leisure and lap pools
- accessible drink fountains accessible
- braille and tactile signage to change rooms
- ambulant accessible toilet cubicles.
Discount entry into the pools, gym, and group fitness programs are available for disability card holders. Companion Card holders are also recognised.
Friday Support Slides
The Friday Support Slides program provides a session where those who live with a disability can access and use the waterslide at Riverton Leisureplex.
The session are 2pm-2:30pm on Friday afternoon during the school term. The sessions are free of charge with any normal entry paid or membership scanned at entry.
If immediate support is required, please show your companion card on arrival and your support person(s) will enter for free.
Riverton Leisureplex now has one of only two state-of-the-art pool access systems in WA.
Designed for our mobility impaired community members, the Poolpod provides universal pool access.
Visit the Poolpod page to learn more.
Accessible gym equipment
The gyms have various wheelchair accessible equipment:
- Chest Press Machine
- Shoulder Press Machine
- Low Row Machine