Residents, businesses or the general public accessing Spaces (parks or reserves) in the City of Canning.
These may be some of the reasons you need to contact the City regarding access to Spaces:
- A group or an individual organising an event in one of the City's spaces;
- A sporting club organising a carnival or casual match outside of normal fixtured dates;
- A school looking to book an athletics carnival at Ern Clark Athletics Centre;
- A resident enquiring about their property which backs onto a park or reserve;
- A contractor bringing a heavy vehicle on to a reserve for maintenance; or
- A group trainer looking to conduct classes on a reserve or in a park.
If you want to organise a casual game of soccer or cricket, have a bouncy castle for a birthday party in a park or need vehicle access through a park, contact the Active Places Officers at the City of Canning to discuss your plans.
From this initial discussion, the City will outline what needs to be done, such as;
- Complete an application form;
- Fees associated with access and/or hire;
- Outline any bonds payable;
- How to access keys (if required); and
- Advice on further needs, such as other permits you may require.
To discuss your requirements, please call us on 1300 422 664.
We are currently developing an Event Management Guide for Communities which will assist you in staging successful events in the City's Spaces, particularly when you expect more than 200 people at your event - stay tuned!
Use of spaces by seasonal sporting clubs for the purpose of pre-season training or competition, click here.
Booking Application forms
Fees and Charges