There are a number of different places where you can drop off items that don't belong in your bins for recycling.
Our colourful Recycling Hubs can be found at convenient locations throughout the City, where you can take those 'tricky' items to recycle.
- Household batteries
- Printer cartridges
- Mobile phones and small electronic waste (e-waste) including keyboards, computer mice and cords. Note: items the size of a laptop and larger are not accepted through the Recycling Hub program due to size constraints. Domestic quantities of e-waste are accepted at our Waste Transfer Station for free. For more information, visit the Waste Transfer Station page.
- Household light bulbs. Note: Fluorescent tubes are not accepted through the Recycling Hub program due to size constraints. Fluorescent tubes can be taken to our Waste Transfer for free. For more information, visit the Waste Transfer Station page.
Recycling Hub Locations
* Aerosols are also accepted at the Civic and Administration Building.
* Batteries, printer cartridges, small e-waste, pen and markers, aerosols and plastic bottle lids are accepted at Hillview Intercultural Community Centre (they do not accept light bulbs).
* Batteries and printer cartridges are the only accepted items at Riverton Library.
Find Your Nearest
Visit the Recycle Right website
or download the Recycle Right App from Google Play or the App Store and type in your address to find your nearest drop off point for a range of items.