The City of Canning has plenty of options available to help you with paying your rates.
Payment due dates
The City offers the following options for your rates payment:
- Option One: Upfront and in-full payment by 8 September 2023.
- Option Two: Four instalments (2.5% interest applies on 2nd, 3rd and 4th instalments):
- First instalment – Due 8 September 2023
- Second instalment – Due 10 November 2023
- Third instalment – Due 12 January 2024
- Fourth instalment – Due 15 March 2024
The Penalty Interest for late payments is 7% per annum on overdue rates and service charges, and 11% per annum on overdue Emergency Services Levy.
The City no longer surcharges credit card payments, as we have gone Cashless in Canning. Our Leisureplexes, Waste Transfer Station, and City Admin no longer accept cash payments. Cash payments for rates may be made at your local Australia Post office.
You can pay your rates online with your credit or debit card (Visa and Mastercard only) with our secure BPoint payment website.
You can pay using BPay through your online banking account.
Biller Code: 49007
Reference: (your assessment number)
You can pay by direct debit from your nominated cheque or savings account.
You can also pay the direct debit weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
You can pay your rates over the phone with your credit or debit card (Visa and Mastercard only).
Please call the City of Canning on 1300 963 103 to make a payment.
You can pay in person at the City of Canning Administration Centre:
- Address: 1317 Albany Highway, Cannington, Western Australia, 6107
- Office hours: 8.15am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
We accept payment by credit or debit card (Visa and Mastercard only).
Cash payments can be made at your local Australia Post office.
The City of Canning is now cashless and do not accept cash payments at any City facility.